Data Governance and Security:
Get ready for POPI
In an increasingly complex data protection world, companies must protect and effectively control and manage data to proactively respond to data governance and regulatory compliance requirements.
The Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA) is South Africa’s data protection law which regulates the processing of personal information or data. The PoPI Act controls how personal information is used and managed within an organisation, from inception to deletion, to ensure personal information integrity and confidentiality.
PoPI requires that appropriate and reasonable security measures be put in place to effectively protect all personal information.
The legislative requirement to protect personal client information has made businesses aware of the risk associated with data handling. There are risks associated with data breaches, loss, compliance failures, audits and responses to legal requests. An organisation needs to establish the various types of data collected and where the data is stored.
It is essential to understand why the business has it, how sensitive it is and who is accessing, using, or sharing it.
Keeping you Secure, Compliant and in Control
Our Data Management as a Service (DMaaS) solutions include enterprise-grade backup and recovery, disaster recovery, data analytics, secure local-based cloud storage and managed services that integrate and simplify compliance and data management.
Whether you need to know more about your data on-premises or in the Cloud, our data management specialists can assist you with your compliance journey:
- Know what PII (Personally Identifiable Information) you have in production, backup systems, on-premises and across clouds.
- Uncover risks within your data environment with enterprise level reporting.
- Protect and secure your sensitive data wherever it lives.
- Quarantine or delete sensitive data.
- Role-based security and access control with data encryption on backup data and data in transit to protect against unauthorised access.
- 24x7x365 monitoring and reporting.
- DMP Cloud Drive, based in South Africa, provides secure storage for long-term data retention.